Permits, Building & Sewer

 You can now apply for your building permits; sewer permits and report violations at It’s easy, fast, and secure, and your information can be saved for convenience whenever using the service.

Apply online for a Building Permit with MGO!

Apply Now!

Projects within the limits of a town require a permit or other written approval from the town’s Zoning official. The County will perform the construction plan review and inspections on behalf of the Town.


Permits for electrical and plumbing are issued only by the State of Delaware. Your sub-contractor will obtain the required permits.

If the homeowner is acting as his or her own sub-contractor for the electrical and plumbing scopes of work, click the icons to the left of this paragraph to visit the State agencies’ web pages for more information about homeowner’s permits.

Permit Application Information 

All permit applications are available online with the transition to the My Government Online permitting system.

For technical support with the creation of your account or any questions regarding the online portion of your permit application process, please call the customer support center for My Government Online at 1-866-957-3764

Apply Now!

Plot Plans

Check out this example. Questions? Contact

Plot Plan example