Permits & Licenses

Applying for a permit or license in Kent County is easy. Learn how to request and purchase permits and licenses below. Applications and payments are available ONLINE!

Building Permits

More Information

A Building Permit is your formal permission to begin the construction, demolition, addition, or renovation on your property. Kent County Building Permit application are available online at the MyGovernmentOnline website. Please follow the directions to complete your application. If you have any questions, please contact the inspections & Enforcement Division at

Sewer Permits

More Information

Kent County's central sewer system includes 95 pump stations and over 400 miles of sewer transmission pipes providing wastewater service to over 18,000 residential and commercial customers.  In addition, the Kent County Regional Resource Recovery Facility accepts and treats wastewater from Smyrna, Clayton, Cheswold, Dover, Bowers Beach, Felton, Frederica, Harrington, Milford and the Dover Air Force Base.


Residential & Commercial Sewer Permitting

A sewer permit is required for any residential or commercial property connecting to the Kent County central sewer system.  Sewer permits can be applied for online using the MyGovernmentOnline customer portal.  Please call 302-744-2430 for information. 


Miss Utility Delmarva Information

To avoid damaging underground utilities residents are reminded to contact "Miss Utility Delmarva" at 1-800-282-8555 to have underground utilities marked on the property before beginning any project such as construction of a home, deck, shed or garage or installation of a pool or fence. Or Dial 811


Sewer System Expansions & New Subdivisions

For complete information on sewer system expansion applications, fees, planning, permitting and construction, please contact the Engineering Division at 302-744-2430.

Apply for a Sewer Permit



Parks & Recreation Park Use Permits

More Information

A Permit is required for conducting any of the following in a Kent County Park:

  • Special Events
  • Ongoing Activities or Programs
  • Activities / Programs outside of established County Parks standards
  • Sales of Any Services or Products (Concessionaires Permit)
  • Filming Sessions
  • Commercial Photography
  • Drone Use/Operation
  • Specimen Collection
  • Spreading of Ashes

Please submit a completed Permit Application to request a permit for conducting any of the above in a County Park.

Completed Applications can be:

  • Emailed to
  • Dropped off or Mailed to the Parks Administration office located at1683 New Burton Rd. Dover Delaware 19904. Hours: M-F 8-5.
  • Faxed to (302) 744-9681

Please note:

The submittal of a Permit Application is a request for your event or activity only. The application does not constitute a permit or approval for your event or activity. Upon approval of your application, permit requirements must be completed in order to proceed with the event or activity. 

Marriage License

More Information

Obtaining a marriage license in Kent County, Delaware, is straightforward:

  • Eligibility: Both parties must be at least 18 years old. If under 18, parental consent may be required.

  • Application: Both parties must appear together at the Clerk of the Peace Office. Appointments may be necessary.

  • Documents: Valid identification and proof of divorce or death of former spouse (if applicable) are required.

  • Waiting Period: A 24-hour waiting period applies, waived for active-duty military personnel.

  • Validity: The license is valid for 30 days from issuance.

  • Fees: A fee is required, which varies; check with the Clerk of the Peace Office for current rates.

  • Officiants: Marriage can be performed by a judge, justice of the peace, or ordained minister.

  • Recording: After the ceremony, return the completed license to the Clerk of the Peace Office for recording.

Note: Requirements may vary by jurisdiction within Kent County, so contact the Clerk of the Peace Office for specific instructions.

Marriage Licenses Certified Copies

More Information

To order certified copies of a Delaware Marriage License, please visit: